A webinar is an online meeting using your computer or tablet. Join ANROWS for a conversation about the results from culturally and linguistically diverse respondents to the 2017 National Community Attitudes towards Violence against Women Survey (NCAS). The webinar is online, on Thursday 18 July from 10:00-12:00pm.
Join ANROWS for a conversation about the results from culturally and linguistically diverse respondents to the 2017 National Community Attitudes towards Violence against Women Survey (NCAS). Conducted by ANROWS, the survey examined understandings of violence against women, attitudes towards violence against women, and attitudes to gender equality.
Among the 17,500 Australians surveyed, nearly 3000 reported being born in a country where English is not the main language spoken. This webinar launches the research report on community attitudes among this sub-sample of respondents.
- Dr Cathy Vaughan, University of Melbourne
- Asha Acuoth, Salvation Army
- Dr Jasmin Chen, Multicultural Centre for Women’s Health
- Madhuri Maskey, Coordinator, Prevention of Family Violence Project, Brotherhood of St Laurence
- Sean Ryan, Graduate of AMES Prevention of Violence Against Women Leadership Project
Moderated by Pino Migliorino, ANROWS Board Director.
Attendees will learn about the key findings of the research, and engage in a discussion about how to work collaboratively with migrant and refugee communities to address violence against women.
Who should attend?
This webinar is designed for leaders of migrant and refugee communities as well as practitioners and policymakers from:
- Settlement services
- Asylum-seeker services
- Migrant English services
- International student support services
- Ethno-specific welfare agencies
- Multicultural health services
- Torture and trauma counselling services
The webinar is also suitable for anyone who works with clients from migrant and refugee backgrounds in:
- Domestic and family violence services
- Legal, health, housing, youth or other social services
(You may also use the registration page to put questions to the panel.)