Activities for strengthening community participation by seniors are in demand, and a local training course will deliver skills to those interested in leading training programs for Seniors.
Come and learn how to be a Social Seniors facilitator. You will learn how to teach older people to:
• connect with others online and share information;
• produce a “digital story’ on their phone or tablet to share with friends;
• learn about online privacy and security; and
• build their confidence to use or access information about local services, register for and/or pay for services or bills.
Over four weeks we will teach you how to facilitate Social Seniors and provide you with the opportunity to put into practice what you learn. The course is free. All that is needed to join is a commitment of 2 hours a week for 4 weeks. The program is running in May 2019.
Ongoing support is available whilst you deliver sessions to older people in week 4.
A certificate stating your participation will be provided on completion of the project. On your resume, your participation will make a favourable impression for a prospective employer, particularly if you would like to work in:
• aged care;
• community services; and/or
• other roles assisting older people in the community.
Training venue: Goulburn Valley Regional Library, Marungi St, parking in front of library
• Wednesday 1 May, 11am-1pm
• Wednesday 8 May, 11am-1pm
• Thursday 16 May, 10am-12pm
Halal lunch provided
Please share with friends. You must be over 18 to attend.
To sign up contact Lorna Gillespie
• 0428 661 975