Aged Care Workers
- Victorian workplaces are required to provide appropriate levels of personal protective equipment (PPE) to staff.
- You must not go to work if you are feeling unwell.
- Get tested if you have even mild symptoms. You must then stay at home until you get your test result.
- If you are a close contact of someone who tests positive, you must get tested straight away, even if you don’t have symptoms, and isolate until you get your result.
- $300 and $1500 support payments are available to workers who cannot rely on sick leave while they await a test result or are required to self-isolate.
- Contact WorkSafe if you are concerned about your employer’s management of risks relating to COVID-19 on 1800 136 089.