The Ethnic Council of Shepparton and District Inc. is a peak body whose mission is to promote and represent the social, cultural and economic well-being of multicultural communities in the Goulburn Valley Region through the provision of quality and innovative service.
We currently have a vacancy for a Project Coordinator – Family Violence Prevention at the Ethnic Council of Shepparton and District Inc., which we are looking to fill on a contractual, part-time basis.
This position offers a unique and rewarding experience.
Project Coordinator – Family Violence Prevention
Position level 5 under Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award
This is a part time position at 0.6 EFT. The position is funded until 30 June 2024.
We are seeking an experienced practitioner to coordinate and supporting Multicultural and Faith Communities to Prevent Family Violence Grant Program.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (e.g. social work, community development etc)
- A comprehensive understanding of the dynamics and impact of family violence and a sound understanding of family violence prevention
- Significant experience engaging with migrant and refugee communities
- Experience in the delivery of service improvement or workplace change processes
- Strong community engagement, empowerment and capacity building skills
- Highly developed project management skills and experience, and
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills
We strongly encourage individuals with lived experience of migrating to Australia to apply for this position.
Applications close on Friday 19th of January 2024.
If you are interested in this role, please email us for a copy of the Position Description at email@example.com
For any queries or a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Sam Atukorala on (03) 5831 2395.