The Victorian and Australian governments have created a several programs to support Victorians through this challenging time. If your job or wellbeing have been affected by coronavirus (COVID-19), you may be eligible for a range of support options.
Financial support for loss of income
- : the Australian Government unemployment payment
- : This payment is paid to businesses and passed on to employees. Your employer needs to apply for this payment via the . This payment is also available to eligible (people who work for themselves as a subcontractor, including performers and tradespeople).
- : paid in addition to the Jobseeker or JobKeeper payment
- The first of $750, made to all existing payment recipients and concession card holders who received their payment or card before 13 April 2020
- The second of $750 paid to the same recipients as the first, provided that person does not receive the Coronavirus supplement with their payment
- The Australian Government has also lifted some restrictions and obligations on recipients of the Jobseeker payment – find out more at the
- For a complete list of coronavirus-related assistance from the Australian Government, visit the
- If you are a Victorian resident and have been diagnosed with coronavirus and do not have access to sick leave, you may also be entitled to the $1500
Rent or mortgage support
- If you are having difficulty paying your rent or mortgage, private arrangements can be made with your bank or landlord. If you are having issues with your bank or landlord, you can get support from .
- If you are facing , you can get support from the Department of Health and Human Services.
Looking for work?
- Register your details with to access new work opportunities and training.
- Business owners and employers can find information on financial support at .