As part of its new Channel 21 program, Multicultural Arts Victoria is offering a business start-up opportunity for 8 migrant women or groups of migrant women from new and emerging communities in the Greater Shepparton region.
This is for businesses with a cultural or creative focus including but not limited to: craft products and services; art products and services; graphic design services; language services e.g. translations, language classes etc; traditional coffee or tea ceremony services; cultural catering; hair and beauty services etc.
Successful applicants will be supported over a 6 month period with:
- culturally appropriate, one-to-one business coaching/ mentoring to develop a business plan and set up a business structure tailored to their needs
- up to $5000 cash to cover start-up costs for a new creative or cultural business
- regular peer networking opportunities
- space to sell their product or promote their service at monthly markets at the Cultural Exchange Beehive Bendigo
- language support if needed
WHO CAN APPLY
To be eligible women must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- identify as being a migrant woman aged 18 years and above from a new and emerging community
- be living in Greater Shepparton with a current Greater Shepparton address
- Have a unique business idea drawing on their own creative and/ or cultural skills and knowledge
- ability to work independently and take initiative
- good communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to think creatively
- basic level of digital literacy and confidence with using phones, email, social media etc. Or a willingness to learn or have someone in their family or close by that can help
- be able travel independently to and from meetings and project activities
There are more details on the Expression of Interest online form and feel free to call me if more info is needed.
You can find the form here.
Applications close on Monday 19 July but this may be extended if there are any women who can’t make that deadline.