The Vaccination Hub today has been manic with confusion from the public about getting tested and also the expectation to be able to walk in for a vaccination without an appointment. Guidance is given.
Settlement Communities in Shepparton are advised like so:
- Only people with appointments are being allowed to get vaccinated at the current time (it is too busy to allow walk ins at the moment)
- People are able to book in for an appointment by phoning 1800 675 398 or by booking online (this is the quickest method – often bookings can be made on the same day) type in the following; https://portal.cvms.vic.gov.au/
- The vaccination hub is open on Saturday 21 August
- The vaccination hub is open late on Tuesday nights (until 7.30pm)
If people are wishing to be tested for Corona Virus they can go to;
- GV Health – Graham Street
- Drive through testing at Shepparton Sports precinct (Corner of Numurkah Rd and Brauman Street)
- Shepparton Harness Racing Complex (open Saturday)
- To save time, you can register before you go in – complete the online for at: https://testtracker.covid19.dhhs.vic.gov.au/citizen-prefill
ANYONE who is unwell with any symptoms, no matter how mild, should get tested immediately and stay home until results are received.
Currently there is added confusion about students who have been sent home from school with notes to their family to isolate at home. This is correct, these people have been asked to not get tested at this time due to the overwhelming response at our testing sites and the testing staff are wanting to get a better understanding of how wide spread this may be before these people flood into our testing sites. They will receive further notification about when to get tested in the next few hours but we are asking for calm and to await further instructions.
The Covid hotline is 1800 675 398 – anyone there can answer any questions.
Please advise everyone to continue doing the right thing, wear a mask, sanitise hands frequently, socially distance, and regular cleaning of high touch points are essential.
Covid Response Coordinator