Energy and Water Bills

Assistance for Energy and Water BillsThe Energy and Water Ombudsman (Victoria) will give assistance to anyone who is struggling to pay bills and has more than $55 owing, assistance with resolving problems. A translation service is available.

Use the TRANSLATION BUTTON at the top left of this page to READ IN YOUR LANGUAGE.

The Energy and Water Ombudsman Victoria resolves complaints about electricity, gas and water companies.

We’re free for Victorian customers, and we’re independent and fair.

The payment difficulty framework applies to energy consumers 

If they have more than $55 owing, the company must offer:

  • a payment plan for you to pay for usage and repay the amount you owe within two years
  • a payment plan where the amount you owe is on hold for a minimum of six months, while you make reduced payments (less than what you use at the property) and try to reduce your energy use.
  • assess the customers entitlement for Utility relief grants and other support

Your local water business would also have support available.
We acknowledge the financial impacts on your community members and are here to support them should they not be able to resolve the issue with their retailer.  

We have a priority line for agencies working with clients for direct access and are happy for your staff to use this to contact the Energy and Water Ombudsman Victoria.   Agency Priority Line 03 8672 4477 (Monday-Friday 8.30am-5pm)


Assistance for Energy and Water Bills


Image Source



Translate »