Day 13 is coming for all in quarantine. This will involve students from different schools. Advice and timings are given by GV Health. Guidance about wait time for all-clear from Department of Health is given – especially for families.
Day 13 testing has already commenced for some members of our community, with many people requiring testing this week. If you require Day 13 testing, please check your communication from the Department of Health advising of when your test should be completed.
In relation to the majority of people from school exposure sites requiring Day 13 testing, only primary close contacts need to be tested on day 13 and not the whole household. For example, only the student(s) from the school needs to be tested and not other household members. The exception is when someone has symptoms of COVID-19 or if they have been to another exposure site.
We expect 4,000 people will need to be tested on Thursday 2 September and this will mostly relate to Day 13 requirements. Our planning for Day 13 testing is well advanced and there will be increased resources to meet the anticipated demand and manage volumes across each day.
We appreciate your cooperation so we can make the testing process on that day as smooth as possible and keep waiting times to a minimum for everyone.
Students and staff requiring testing this Thursday are asked to attend at the following times at any testing location in order manage demand and keep waiting times to a minimum for everyone:
- St Mel’s Primary School to attend 8am-1pm
- Bouchier Street Primary School to attend 8am-1pm
- GSSC McGuire & Wanganui Campus – Years 7, 8 & 9 to attend 8am-1pm
- GSSC McGuire & Wanganui Campus – Years 10, 11 & 12 to attend 1pm-closing time
- Notre Dame College Knight St Campus Years 7, 8, 10, 11 & 12 to attend 1pm-closing time
- If parents/guardians have children in multiple year levels, then they can attend at the time allocated to the youngest child’s year level
If you are unable to attend for Day 13 testing during the time allocated, then please make your way to one of the testing sites as soon as you are able. If you miss your Day 13 test you can still come forward to be tested on Day 14 but you must not break your quarantine.
People will only be released from quarantine through formal notification from the Department of Health. Multiple SMS’s may be received if there are more than one child linked to a mobile number.
A negative test result from the pathology service regarding your Day 13 test does not mean your quarantine period has ended. If clearance is not received, please call the Department of Health on 1800 675 398.
Details regarding current testing sites and opening times is provided below noting there will be extended hours on Thursday ~
- Shepparton Showgrounds, High street Shepparton (enter from Archer Street) – Drive through site, open 8am-8pm, subject to demand.
- Mooroopna Recreation Reserve (enter from Midland) – Drive through site, open 8am-8.00pm.
- Shepparton Sports Precinct, 120 Numurkah Rd, Shepparton (2 lanes at the netball courts and 2 lanes at the back of the soccer fields) – Drive through site open 8am-6pm, subject to demand.
- GV Health Acute Respiratory Clinic, Graham St, Shepparton – Walk up site, open 8am-4pm.
- Harness Racing Track, Goulburn Valley Highway, Kialla – Drive through site, open 9am-5pm, subject to demand.
How to register for your COVID-19 Test prior to attending:
- If you have had a COVID test in the last 60 days, please present your existing unique registration number (URN) at the testing site.
- If you have NOT had a COVID test in the last 60 days, please complete the registration form at https://testtracker.covid19.dhhs.vic.gov.au/citizen-prefill. You will then receive a URN which you should present to staff at the testing site.
GV Health’s Vaccination Centre at the McIntosh Centre has now provided over 45,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccines. The Vaccination Centre at the McIntosh Centre is open weekdays, Tuesday evenings and Saturdays. There are appointments available at the McIntosh Centre and online bookings can be made for all state vaccination centres at https://portal.cvms.vic.gov.au/ or by calling 1800 675 398.