Ethnic Council of Shepparton and District are offering a free course for anyone seeking Australian Citizenship. The course is centred around a study of the questions contained in the test. The course is free and commences on Wednesday, 11 May 2022. This is an English Medium course. Interpreters will be in attendance.
Anyone living in Australia for four years as a permanent resident can apply for Australian Citizenship.
There are many other ways to attain citizenship too, for example:
- Anyone born in Australia to a permanent resident or citizen will become an Australian citizen.
- If one of the parents is an Australian citizen, a child born overseas can be registered for citizenship ‘by descent’. They will have the same rights as children born in Australia.
- Spouse or partner of an Australian citizen.
Criteria for applying for Citizenship
- You need to be a permanent resident before applying for citizenship.
- Should not have been absent from Australia for more than 1 year in total throughout that period.
- Pass citizenship test
- Meet the ‘good character’ requirement (including passing Police Checks)
For more information, you can visit Department of Home Affairs
Free Citizenship Course
Ethnic Council of Shepparton and District is offering a course to help gain Australian Citizenship, through a study of the questions you may be asked in the test.
This is an English Medium course.
Everyone is welcome.
Free Training: Course starts on Wednesday 11 May 2022
Location: Shepparton Masonic Centre, 161 Welsford St, Shepparton
Bookings: Essential – limited seats are available.
To Make a Booking: ring Andrew or Aleena at the Ethnic Council on (03) 5831 2395