The Bridge Youth Service offers Early Intervention Programs in support of young people. This program is open to young people aged 12 – 26 located in the Greater Shepparton, Mitchell and Murrindindi Shires, and outreach support is provided. This support is available to young people who have recently arrived from overseas – migrants, refugees, and children of asylum seekers.
The Early Intervention Program is also available for Young People at risk of developing addiction.
Criteria for Admission:
- Young person is aged between 12 and 25 years.
- The young person resides in the Mitchell and Murrindindi Shires except Wallan and Wandong.
- The young person resides in the Greater Shepparton Shire (AOD only).
- The young person is experiencing distress due to their mental health or substance use.
- The young person is not already supported by another service for their presenting issue.
- The young person is consenting to support.
Where the Bridge’s capacity allows, support for young persons at risk of developing addiction, is determined by having three out of the five issues below:
- Early onset substance use
- Experience of mental health
- Experience of significant trauma
- Family substance use
- Early onset of sexualized behaviours
To join, young people do not need to want to cease substance use to engage in Alcohol and Other Drug support with the Early Intervention Program; Alcohol and Other Drug support can consist of improving emotional regulation, psycho-education, learning harm-reduction strategies and building protective factors. This is driven by the young person’s goals.