UNITAR, the learning arm of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, offers a free learning course for migrants and refugees to obtain skills and sustain their independence and settlement.
This e-learning course aims at strengthening the competences required by policymakers and practitioners for overcoming some of the challenges on economic and social inclusion for migrants and refugees while understanding the benefits of promoting entrepreneurship to this end because of its nexus to sustainable development. At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe different benefits of promoting entrepreneurship for migrants and refugees and its impact on sustainable development.
- Identify the challenges faced by migrant and refugee entrepreneurs.
- Recognise policy objectives and policy options.
- Identify ways to support entrepreneurship among migrants and refugees in both developed and developing countries.
- Relate case studies and good practices from policies, programmes and initiatives in both developed and developing countries.
The next edition of this course starts on 2 March. Registrations are open now – register now for free!
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the feasibility to implement planning initiatives on migrant and refugee entrepreneurship through insights for practitioners based on case studies
- Identify elements that could be adapted to her/his national context
- Assess results on the impact of migrant and refugee entrepreneurship
1. Common program characteristics
• Supporting socioeconomic integration of refugees and migrants through entrepreneurship
• Target beneficiaries
• Program design
• Monitoring and evaluation
• Scaling and replicating
2. Common challenges and success factors
• Funding constrains
• Partnerships and networks
• Recruitment of participants
• Entrepreneurial capabilities and mind set
• Expertise or expert program staff
• Intensive support
• Target business opportunities
• Overcoming legal and regulatory challenges
Location: Web Based
Date: 2 Mar 2020 to 13 Apr 2020
Duration of event: 6 Weeks
Programme Area: Decentralize Cooperation Programme
Specific Target Audience: No
Price: No Fee
Event Focal Point Email: firstname.lastname@example.org