African-Australian job seekers interested in joining the Victoria Police are urged to apply for a new program before applications close mid February.
About the Program
This 15-week program helps African-Australians build their skills before applying to join the Victoria Police.
The program includes:
- Mentoring from African-Australian community leaders
- Understanding cultural differences, professional culture and expectations of the Victoria Police
- Roles within the police force
- Support to succeed through each stage of the recruitment process. Apply now
A diverse workforce is vital for building stronger communities. The program:
- is fully funded for eligible job seekers
- nationally accredited
- and fulfils Work for the Dole and Employability Skills Training requirements.
Course Details – Victoria Police Diversity Recruitment Program
Application closing date: Wednesday 19 February 2020
Course start date: Tuesday 31 March 2020
Course location: Victoria University (Footscray campus)
Course duration: 15 weeks
Days of course: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Time: 5pm – 9pm
For more information and to apply, please visit the Victoria Police Diversity website or contact MatchWorks on 1300 13 23 63. Your MatchWorks consultant can assist you with your application.
This initiative is managed by Jesuit Social Services on behalf of a partnership including Victoria Police, the African Australian Multicultural Employment and Youth Service (AAMEYS), Victoria University, AMES, MatchWorks, and Maurice Blackburn.