The Partners in Wellbeing program will provide specialist psychosocial and wellbeing supports across Victoria via telephone and video technology to people with experiencing poor psychosocial health and mental-ill health in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
The wellbeing coaching and practical supports delivered through this program will assist people experiencing psychosocial distress and mental ill health due to the COVID-19 physical distancing and isolation measures, including those who are required to self-isolate for whatever reason. This includes people with lived experience of mental illness, as well as those experiencing poor psychosocial health for the first time due to the impacts of COVID-19. The initiative will also support carers in the context of their own psychosocial health and the caring role, acknowledging the negative and fatiguing impacts of COVID-19 on carers wellbeing and resilience.
The target group for the Partners In Wellbeing program is Victorians 16 or over who are:
- experiencing increased life stressors and their usual coping strategies are not working
- noticing signs of anxiety and/or depression that have lasted more than a few weeks, such as:
- low mood i.e. feeling down
- feeling overwhelmed and unsafe
- low energy
- feelings of hopelessness, fear, nervousness or worrying
- avoidance of social situations
- thoughts of self-harm or harm to others.
- and not currently receiving a Commonwealth or state funded community mental health psychosocial support service, including the disability support from the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
Note: This is a voluntary service and diagnosis of mental illness is not an eligibility requirement.
*Priority will be given people at high risk of relapse in their mental health condition or psychological state to prevent avoidable relapse, ED presentations and hospital admission and/or risk of self-harm or suicide.
We are now open for referrals so please get in touch via the following contact methods:
Central Phone Number: 1300 375 330
Metropolitan Melbourne – North, West, Inner, South
Metropolitan Melbourne – South-Eastern, East