The Australian Human Rights Commission is calling for submissions for a National Anti-Racism Framework. Submissions are open now until 21 December. The Commission wants to know – from you – where the responsibility for a National Anti-Racism Framework should sit, and how we can best achieve our goal of an Australia that is free from racism.
The Commission invites you to make a submission to share your vision of a future where all Australians are treated equally, and with dignity and respect.
The Commission will analyse submissions and consider all the feedback it receives as we develop a Conversation and Consultation Report and a revised Framework Concept Paper.
- What are the issues/areas on which the Framework can best provide guidance?
- Are there best practice stories of anti-racism, social inclusion, social cohesion, and diversity and inclusion initiatives to share?
- How can we embed evaluation and accountability measures within the Framework?
- What principles should guide the Framework?
- What outcomes and strategies are necessary for the Framework to create change?
- What is your vision for a more inclusive, equal and harmonious future in Australia?
Making a submission
You can make a submission by going to the Commission’s website to have your
say. You can choose to:
- upload a word document, image, video, or audio file in any language
- Use the web form to answer the above questions about the Framework
Visit the “Have your say” page on the Commission’s website for further information and to make a submission.