The EnCOMPASS: Multicultural Aged Care Connector program is a partnership between FECCA and local community organisations to provide navigational support to older people of Culturally And Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds and their communities to access the aged care system and other supports.
The objectives of the program are to:
The intended outcomes of the program are:
- To improve understanding of the challenges faced by seniors from CALD backgrounds, their families and carers when navigating ageing and the aged care system;
- To develop solutions to address the challenges and barriers faced by older people from CALD backgrounds when navigating the aged care system;
- Empower and support people from CALD backgrounds through their engagement with the My Aged Care call centre and website;
- Provide a greater understanding to people from CALD backgrounds of ageing, the aged care system and the supports that are available to them; and
- Increase the number of people from CALD backgrounds who access appropriate aged care services and supports which meet their needs.
To deliver the program, local partners have been selected by FECCA to engage a 1.0 FTE Specialist Support Worker (called EnCOMPASS Connectors) to provide information and one-on-one case management to seniors from CALD backgrounds through a strengths-based and no-wrong-door approach. EnCOMPASS Connectors will support seniors regardless of level or complexity of need.
Local partners and their EnCOMPASS Connectors will also deliver a series of community development activities to build the knowledge and ability of their community in ageing, aged care and to support their seniors.