FamilyCare and Wise Well Women Community Health Educators Alliance will be commencing a Tuning in to Kids program for African families on on Wednesdays, 9:30 – 12:00pm, starting on 21 February through 27 March. This is a free program, delivered in Swahili.
A six session program for parents of 2 – 10 year olds
Would you like to learn how to:
- be better at talking with your child?
- be better at understanding your child?
- help your child learn to manage their emotions?
- help to prevent behaviour problems in your child?
- teach your child to deal with conflict?
Tuning in to Kids shows you how to help your child develop emotional intelligence. Children with higher emotional intelligence
- have greater success with making and keeping friends
- have better concentration at school
- are more able to calm down when upset or angry
- tend to have fewer childhood illnesses
Emotional intelligence may be a better predictor of academic and career success than IQ!