Ethnic Communities Council of Victoria is presenting a FREE information session on the National Disability Insurance Scheme and Early Childhood Early Intervention scheme. It aims to build consumer voice, awareness of support pathways and reduce systemic barriers for people with disability of CALD backgrounds. A session will be held at Shepparton South Community House 1pm – 2:30pm on Monday 15 March.
Raise Our Voices –Disability self-advocacy for CALD communities is designed to aid self-advocacy for people with disabilities covering issues such as housing, discrimination, difficulties with public transport, personal self-advocacy and related issues.
At this session, you can learn more about:
- What is the National Disability Insurance Scheme? What is Early Childhood Early Intervention?
- How do I access the National Disability Insurance Scheme?
- How can the National Disability Insurance Scheme or other services help me?
- How to speak up for yourself?
- What is Self-advocacy?
- Why are there Multicultural Liaison Officers within Victoria Police?
Date: Monday, 15 March 2021
Time: 1pm – 2.30pm
Where: Shepparton South Community House, 11 Service Street Shepparton
Register: Contact Surmeli Aydogan 0466 038 261 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Register: Contact Athena Papadatos 0478 219 670 or email to email@example.com