Migrant Skills Assessment Portal – FREE

Migrant Skills Assessment Portal - FREE

The Overseas Qualifications Unit (OQU) offers free and confidential assessment services to have your qualifications recognised in Australia and help you secure work.

You must be living in Victoria to be eligible for the assessments. Other Australian states and territories also have Overseas Qualifications Units. It’s important you contact the Overseas Qualifications Unit in the state or territory you live in.

The Overseas Qualifications Unit also helps employers, educational institutions and other organisations interpret overseas education and qualifications for their potential employees and students.

The Overseas Qualifications Unit (OQU) assesses qualifications to help you secure work in Victoria. Lanugage forums in Arabic, Vietnamese, Farsi and more are available.

To be eligible for assessment you must:

  • be living in Victoria
  • have work rights in Australia.

The Overseas Qualifications Unit does not assess:

  • Australian degrees or qualifications
  • overseas short courses (less than one-year full-time study), single-subject certificates or diplomas
  • overseas licenses, permits or work experience documents
  • overseas apprenticeships or trade qualifications.

If you are not eligible for Overseas Qualification Unit services and want to apply for an assessment of your educational level, please contact the Australian Government’s Department of Education, Skills and Employmentexternal link for educational assessments of higher education, post-secondary or technical and vocational qualifications. These assessments establish the Australian-equivalent educational level for overseas qualifications within the Australian Qualifications Frameworkexternal link.

Please note: The Australian Government’s Department of Education, Skills and Employment charges an application fee for their service.

Contact us
Phone: 1300 492 606
Email: oqu@liveinmelbourne.vic.gov.auexternal link

What are assessments used for?

Our overseas qualifications assessments can be used for general employment purposes only – if your job doesn’t require registration, licensing, professional membership or other industry requirements.

Assessments are used as qualifications evidence for:

  • potential employers, human resource departments and recruitment agents
  • resumes/curriculum vitae (e.g. stating that your qualification has been assessed by the Victorian Government’s Overseas Qualifications Unit and include the Australian-equivalent result)
  • professional associations and educational institutions including professional bodies or admitting institutions.



Image Source



Translate »