Greater Shepparton City Council’s Volunteer Recognition Awards are an opportunity to recognise and thank volunteers who contribute their time and energy for the good of our community. The Volunteer Recognition Awards are held annually during National Volunteer Week.
There are five Award categories for 2022:
- Young Volunteer: 12 to 25 years of age.
- Adult Volunteer: 26 years of age and over.
- Volunteer Team: A group of two or more people.
- Long Serving Volunteer: 15 years or more service.
- Pandemic Response: Special award category for 2022.
Nominations for the 2022 Volunteer Recognition Awards are now open
Submit your nomination online.
Nominators are encouraged to read the nomination questions before filling out a nomination. Please see ‘Assessment Criteria’ and guidelines below.
The closing date for nominations is 25 February 2022.
- Volunteer: For the purpose of these awards, a volunteer is someone who gives their time willingly for the common good and without financial gain. (Volunteering Australia definition)
- Nominee: A person who volunteers (according to the definition above) within the Greater Shepparton municipality and is being nominated for a Volunteer Recognition Award.
The online form below can be completed and submitted to place your nomination.